Monday, July 7, 2008

New Garden Camp

Part 1 of the weekend getaway. It's been a few days since my last post and I hope I didnt lose any of my loyal readers! Come back, you know you can't stay away forever.

Pottersdale, Pa.
Thursday evening we arrived at New Garden Camp around 11:30pm. We cracked open some of my favorite $3 bottles of Trader Joes wine and enjoyed the kitchen atmosphere. Pook found a hat.



Saturday morning was bacon, eggs, and coffee eaten on the deck in the cool morning air.



After that we took a little walk through the meadow and then went into town on some erands: Gas, beer, and fishing licenses.




The effects of strip mining at the old place. There used to be a street here and a few residents. Now there are a few abandon houses and a gigantic hole.




July 4th. Patriotism hits in Pottersdale.




Saturday am we took it easy.

Another drive.



More to come...

No comments: